Well...not really. Some of you may have known my back has been an issue since October. I tried massage and physical therapy which worked at the time. I ran out of sessions and soon after I stopped my back began to hurt again, getting worse each week. At my doctor appt. on Fri. the doctor tried to switch my muscle relaxer and gave me a steroid to help with the swelling. I was to check back in with him after I started PT again early April if it wasn't working. I should have insisted on an MRI then but did not. Early Saturday am I woke up with horrible pains in my back and legs and soon after realized I could neither get out of bed or back into it...I was basically stuck (luckily brad was not working).
We headed to the hospital Saturday morning and Crystal thankfully took TJ for us (THANKS CRYSTAL). We spent about 6 hours there yesterday and after an MRI found out that I have 2 herniated disks. One of which is really bad and the one above is on its way. So, with talking to the doctor I mentioned our 7 month old and he then informed me I can not pick her up or anything over 5 lbs. They did give me pain medication so I am able to walk around but it is still painful and very slow. We will meet with a neurologist hopefully early this week and will get more info then.
As for now, Brad is taking some time off of work to care for TJ and I....he is a wonderful father and nurse :) I get cabin fever very easily so I am hoping to get out and about soon. I will update after we see the neurologist.
lesson learned: listen to your body and when it is telling you something is wrong, get it checked out asap!
Sunday, March 18, 2007
broken back...
posted by
steph
at
9:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh my goodness steph!!!!!! We'll be praying for you and the rest of your family! Get better soon!
Post a Comment