Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax baby is here!

Braedan (spelling still unknown) John came into this world at 12:18 pm weighing 9 lbs 4 oz via c-section (10 days early...big baby). He looks so much like TJ did as a newborn but also alot more like Brad...he is mini Brad I think. Labor went really really well but he was stuck and I was exhausted! My epidural worked for most of the labor (yay) and I pushed for 3 hrs but he was stuck! We came in after 3 hrs of contractions at 5 minutes apart with a really low pain level until I was closer to 10 cm. The c-section went well but just took a little longer. He came out really well and so I was able to hold him right away after he was wrapped up. We have had GREAT nurses!

Terrace was soooo cute coming to see Braeden! She was only here a short period bc I had still not slept for the last 36 hrs. At this point I have only slept 2 hrs and will be catching up on sleep over the next couple days and weeks (hopefully). I am in a decent amount of pain even with pain medication but have been out of the bed once already. Thank you to Maria who was able to come up and stay at the house while we came into the hospital and my parents who are at home now with Terrace....we really appreciate it and everything has been so smooth. I am sure I am missing some good info but time for bed!


8 comments:

The Oppewall's said...

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! So glad little Braedan is here and that mom and baby are doing well! Thanks for sharing your wonderful news...praying you can now get some much needed rest! Can't wait to meet the newest addition to your beautiful family. Take care!

Unknown said...

He does look just like TJ did. Way to go mama! I'm proud of you! Lots of love

The Alexander's said...

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats STeph, Brad and Terrace! He is adorable. Get some rest! Danielle, Zach and Calleigh

Betsy Watters said...

Congratulations! Glad he arrived safely and early! I hope your recovery is quick!

Sarah Partain said...

Love the name! We have a Braden at our church, and that's how they spell it!
Hope your recovery goes well. Sorry you had to go under the knife again but I'm sure you're glad, too, that he isn't stuck anymore! :)
Be well--can't wait to watch this little guy grow up!

Matt, Tiffany, Hannah, Michael, and Meghan said...

SOunds liek things went as well as they could with a 10-pounder!! :) Congratulations!! We can't wait to meet him!

MelissaGR said...

O my gosh!! Congratultions to all of you!! He's so cute! It seems like that happened really fast! - Probably not for you though! :) Good job keeping up the blog too! :) I hope you get lots of rest!